Sunday, February 8, 2015

Blog 3: The Best Super Bowl Commercials 2015 - Part 2

Hello people,

Is everything good? I hope so! Last post I started to talk about the Super Bowl ILIX’s best commercials, and on this post I will continue to do that, but those here are the best commercials, in my opinion, or at least the ads that most stood out for me. On this list it is included one of my favorites TV commercials of all time, so continue reading this post to find out. Let’s go…

Microsoft: Braylon O’Neill



I want to start this saying that Microsoft and especially its owner, Bill Gates, are well known as trying to help everybody that they can, he founded the “Gates Foundation” with his wife, a foundation that helps a lot of people around the world, especially in terms of neglected diseases, such as malaria and tuberculosis, which is a great gesture and an example for the really wealthy people in this world. I said all of this, because this is a commercial to show that not only Bill Gates does great things, his company, Microsoft, does it too, helping people with physical disabilities to have almost a normal life. This is absolutely great in terms of brand image, because this commercial can make people wanting to buy more Microsoft products. These information means that this ad could affect the consumer purchase decision process, more specifically during the Information Search, the second step in this process. If that is the case, this means that not only more people would consider buy more Microsoft products, but more people would keep buying Microsoft products, this is called Brand Loyalty. In the end, this was a great commercial by Microsoft, the voice over and the music, with the images of Braylon O’Neill just added a lot of emotional punch to the commercial, clearly targeting the Millennials, which shows that Microsoft wants to attract the new generation and turn them in loyal consumers.

Mophie: “All-Powerless”



This is probably the biggest production of all the commercials on this year’s Super Bowl. There are a lot of special effects and a really funny ending. I am not going to enter in a religious discussion here about the way they showed God in this commercial or even if they should have shown God in the commercial. I am here to talk about marketing. So, basically as far as my knowledge goes, Mophie is a brand that has its products used by the new generations. Looking at this commercial, the first thing you can notice is that there is no emotional punch, there is only a great production and a funny ending that shows how necessary is their products. This made me think that this commercial is target to the whole family that is watching the Super Bowl together; I think that Mophie with this ad, wanted to present their products to people that did not know that they existed, they are trying to amplify their market, and what is better than the Super Bowl to do that?

Esurance: “Say My Name”



Ok, this is maybe my fan boy side talking, but I genuinely think that this is a great commercial. Who watched Breaking Bad will love this, and even people that did not watch the show, will enjoy it. This commercial try to sell the product by showing that you do not need to accept things that are not kind of what you want. They do a great job of using a really popular show, such as Breaking Bad, to make the public to identify with the commercial and basically go through the same process that I described in the Microsoft commercial, changing the Consumer Purchase Decision Process. This commercial clearly target all the Breaking Bad fans and all the people that may actually need the some type of insurance.

Clash of Clans: Revenge



This is just awesome… well at least for me. Basically, Liam Neeson is being what he normally is in his movies: a badass. This is a really fun ad, not only for a movie fan or a Liam Neeson’s fan, like me, but for everyone that understands what is to play a game in your cellphone. Basically, the product in this commercial is the game, there is no price during the ad, but since is an app for a phone, it has to be either free or really cheap. What I liked about this is the promotion strategy of showing Liam Neeson so involved in the game that he is as mad about loosing in this game as he is after someone kidnapped his daughter in the movie Taken. This is the commercial telling you how great this game is and how involved you will be if you try it. This is simply a brilliant marketing strategy, especially for the Millennials and the generation Y that know the latest action movies that had Liam Neeson as the main character.

Chevy: 4G LTE Wi-fi


Maybe it’s because I’m foreign and this is only the second time I watched the Super Bowl here in the United States (just so you know, the commercials are completely different in Brazil, during the Super Bowl), but I have never had a reaction to a commercial like a had to this one.


When the black screen came, I got so nervous and I could not believe that was real, and thankfully it was not. However, this is for me a work of a genius, they just showed everyone how important is the fact that the Chevy Colorado has 4G LTE Wi-fi in it, well at least for the fans of the NFL. Definitely it is not the most important thing in a car, but this is an awesome way to present a little thing that can make this truck different than the others, which can be a decisive point for some people when deciding which car they should buy. This is a commercial focused on the Generation Y, for people that like trucks and have the money to buy one, because even that the ad did not show the price, it is easy to notice that this is not a cheap car.

Well, these are my favorite Super Bowl commercials for 2015. I hope you enjoyed my list, if you like any other commercial of this year Super Bowl, which I did not put on my list, please feel free to comment and let me know what are your favorite commercials from the ILIX Super Bowl. See you later!

Take care,

Leo.


Reference:

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/What-We-Do


Microsoft: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLXRt-qRBfU 

Mophie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuVsf_hE7gM

Esurance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ufrTjEY5dU

Clash of Clans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC2qk2X3fKA

Chevy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9G-UAXAUko

No comments:

Post a Comment